Construction methods can be divided into two major elements: on-site construction and prefabrication. Both types involve a broad array of techniques and resources, such as:
- Carriage-form travellers and self-launching trusses for on-site construction.
- Launching gantries for cantilever installation.
- Cable-stayed masts for progressive installation.
- Assembly trusses for full span construction.
- Incremental launching, lifting and rotation systems for moving structures into position.
All these materials and equipment are designed, analysed, supplied and implemented by Freyssinet.
Recently, Freyssinet has developed an innovative method of craneless erection for wind tower named the FreyssiWind.