This position has the following primary accountabilities:
- The development, review and management of project plans encompassing all elements of project delivery including OH&S, Quality & Environment.
- Proactive leadership and management of safety performance, standards and risk.
- Quality management on day to day basis, development of quality procedures according to the specification of the project and the Australian standard, implementation on site, design review and update.
- Provide technical advice with problem-solving skills. Take initiative, sense of urgency and analysis.
- Establish and maintain project cost control, inclusive of a focus on labour utilisation and efficiency.
- Build effective relationships with clients and manage day to day interactions.
- Accurate preparation of various monthly reporting, progress claims and sub-contractor statement.
- Administration of contracts, management of commercial risk in accordance with the DOA
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Previous experience in Australia is a big plus
- ACA (Australian) Corrosion qualifications will be an added value
- Minimum 4 years’ Project Engineer experience in the construction industry
- Experience in building and civil structure remediation, strengthening, and coatings would be highly valuable
- Experience in CP (Cathodic Protection) would be highly valuable
- Be motivated, dynamic and energetic
- Can adapt to a variety of work and multitask
- Must have relevant driving license
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be agile, dynamic and disciplined
Results Driven: applies energy and urgency to their work and is focused on moving tasks to resolution
Good relationship skills and Team spirit skills – Is inclined to engage positively with people, is hands on and will willingly help the team when necessary outside of own duties.
Smart, willing to learn and to growth: absorbs new information, applies it and with experience is able to apply initiative to their work and develop more autonomy.
Planning & Organisation – is able to multi-task and can change priorities when required.